Teaching Using Technology as an Outside Resource
Student Grades 3- 12
Share Your Mind Inc. has put together a set of tips for you to follow to ensure that your session will be the most effective. Please take a look at the ten tips for students
1. Remember to keep your parents informed about everything that happens when your using Operation T.U.T.O.R
2.Tutors are not being paid directly for their services, they are just trying to help. Please be courteous to all tutors. HELP THEM HELP YOU
3. When starting your tutoring session, make sure to give your tutor the necessary information needed to better help you such as: grade,classes taken, areas needed help on etc....
4. T.U.T.O.R.S. are NOT here to do your work for you, they are only here to help you with your work
5. Remember, "thank you" and smiles go a long way. Always be polite and greatful trhat someone is taking time out of their day to help
6.When being tutored, please try to stay focused on session, no distractions such as cell phones, other websites, etc.
7.Studies have shown the quieter the environment, the better you learn.
8. The more help you get, the better you will do in your classes.
9. Tell all of your friends!
10. Remember that learning can be fun. Try to make your experience as worth while as possible.
There are many idle computer labs all over America, do not let them go to waste.
T.U.T.O.R. Highschool diploma
Share Your Mind Inc. has put together a set of tips for T.U.T.O.R.S. to follow to ensure your session will be the most effective. Please take a look at the ten tips for T.U.T.O.R.S.
1. No matter how positive your experience, remember you are still helping someone & invoking positive change in their lives
2.Although this is an informal means of tutoring, please act in an appropriate manner. Netiquette
3. Try your best to engage the student. We are happy you want to help us, now help child be happy that YOU tutored them.
4.Make sure to find out information about child, make sure student knows you want them to succeed
5.When engaged in tutoring session, make sure you utilize all of your online resources
6.Remember, everyone has different learning styles, be patient with your student and try to find ways to better help them
7.If you have any issues regarding a student or any other problem, please contact Share Your Mind
8. Never try to solicit anything to any one using this network
9. If you remain positive throughtout your sessions, you will have a positive experience on this network.
10. Remember to have fun. Tutoring someone in an innovative way can prove to be worthwhile and fun.
1. Willingness to learn/teach
2.Time (30 mins- 1 hour)
3.Broadband Internet Access
Operation T.U.T.O.R. Points
Please remember you receive (1) Operation T.U.T.O.R. point for every 30 minutes you accumulate using our network. With these points you will be able to redeem prizes that will be named at a later date.
Although our program is free, it still costs our organization a substantial amount of funds. If you would like to donate to our program so it can continue to grow and bring value to our users, please go here. Thank You